Visiting during Covid
The safety of our guests and members of staff remains our priority due to recent Covid events. We are opening in a phased manner in line with the latest Scottish Government guidelines with extra social distancing measures and an enhanced cleaning regime to make your visit both enjoyable and safe.
We look forward to welcoming our visitors to the Gardens and hope the following guidelines will be useful:
- Access to the Gardens will only be possible with pre-booked timed tickets, available from our website only in line current Government regulations for NHS Track and Trace.
Our new opening days are Wednesdays to Sundays, 10am – 5pm
- We encourage you to check our website or social media pages before setting off, for any updates on our opening times or tickets.
- Please be prepared to pay for items on site with contactless methods. We will not accept cash.
- We encourage all visitors to bring their own PPE and to wear suitable face masks/coverings when entering interior spaces. There is not a requirement when outside in the Gardens.
- If you, or anyone in your party, are displaying symptoms associated with Covid please refrain from visiting us.
During your visit
You will receive a warm welcome from a distance
There is helpful, directional signage within the Gardens. Please observe physical distancing measures which are in line with Scottish Government guidelines.
New hygiene measures are in place, including a new thorough two phase clean, with a clean first and then a disinfectant phase. This involves the use of a new special antibacterial fogging machine which cleans the air particles and surfaces, including all the hard to reach places.
Hand sanitizers are available at various entry/exit points.
Our toilets are open, and please observe maximum limits. Be aware you may need to queue! The toilets will be closed for periods of time to allow for cleaning.
The Tearoom will be open for hot and cold drinks, and light snacks to eat in the Gardens.
The Garden Centre will be open with a wide selection of plants available to buy.
There will be a scaled down programme of events throughout the season for you to enjoy.
Thank you for your support and for being part of Castle Kennedy Gardens. We look forward to welcoming you and hope your visit will be both enjoyable and safe.